Last week, our team returned from HOW Design Live, a raucous, high-energy conference that draws thousands of creatives from across the country. The jam-packed agenda delivered almost more wisdom than a single attendee could absorb. For those of you who couldn’t attend, or just couldn’t be in two breakout rooms at once, we rounded up some of our favorite words of inspiration.
1. You don’t choose the design life, it chooses you.
2. Creativity isn’t the domain of a privileged few.
3. Design needs to break boundaries.
4. Interrogate the expectations you place on yourself.
5.You can be scared, just don’t be apathetic.
6. Embrace your constraints.
7. How you navigate the world matters.
8. The present is your opportunity to shape the future.
9. Use what you have.
10. You can’t rush real, long-lasting change.